Find out more about what your child will learn at our school.
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) is responsible for the curriculum, Kindergarten to Year 12, for all NSW schools.
For the high school years, NESA develops syllabuses for all subjects in 8 key learning areas:
- creative arts
- human society and its environment (HSIE)
- personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
- technological and applied studies (TAS).
NSW schools also offer special religious education and special education in ethics via approved providers, where available.
Like all NSW schools, we have developed teaching and learning programs to suit our local context and the needs of our students.
To learn more about the curriculum in NSW, visit:
- NSW Department of Education – key learning areas
- NESA’s Parent Guide – Schooling in NSW which provides information about learning stages, key learning areas and syllabuses
- NSW Department of Education policy – Curriculum planning and programming, assessing and reporting to parents K–12.
Stages of learning
There are 6 stages of learning from Kindergarten to Year 12. High school covers Stages 4 to 6.
- Stage 4 includes Years 7 and 8.
- Stage 5 includes Years 9 and 10.
- Stage 6 includes Years 11 and 12.
Please download the below assessment information and schedule booklets suitable for your year group:
- Year 7 assessment booklet 2019 (PDF 181KB)
- Year 8 assessment booklet 2019 (PDF 177KB)
- Year 9 assessment booklet 2019 (PDF 392KB)
- Year 10 assessment booklet 2019 (PDF 434KB)
- Year 11 assessment booklet 2019 (PDF 634KB)
- Year 12 assessment booklet 2021
Subject selection handbook
Download the HSC subject selection handbook (PDF 7159KB) for current students in Year 10 progressing into Year 11 in 2020.
Please access our equipment/book lists outlined below for details of equipment and stationery requirements for Years 7-10 for the commencement of the year.
Year 7 Stationery/Supplies List