Technological and applied studies (TAS) is mandatory for all students in Year 7 and 8. Students can also select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
In Technological and Applied Strudies (TAS), students develop knowledge, understanding and skills through a design and production process using a range of tools, materials and techniques in theory and practical lessons.
TAS is mandatory for all students in Year 7 and 8 through the Technology Mandatory syllabus. Students then have the opportunity to select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
The continuum of technology learning is:
- mandated from Kindergarten to Year 8 through Science and Technology K-6 and the Technology Mandatory Years 7-8 syllabus.
- based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to design and produce solutions for authentic needs and opportunities.
- optional for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Available courses include:
- Technology Mandatory Years 7-8
- Agricultural Technology Years 7-10
- Design and Technology Years 7-10
- Food Technology Years 7-10
- Graphics Technology Years 7-10
- Industrial Technology Years 7-10
- Information and Software Technology Years 7-10
- Textiles Technology Years 7-10
- Agriculture Stage 6
- Design and Technology Stage 6
- Engineering Studies Stage 6
- Food Technology Stage 6
- Industrial Technology Stage 6
- Information Processes and Technology Stage 6
- Software Design and Development Stage 6
- Textiles and Design Stage 6
- 3D printer room
- Fully equiped computer lab
- 3 wood technology workshops
- 1 wood technology machining area
- 1 metal technology workshop
- 1 metal technology machining area
- 1 welding bay
- 1 wood storage room
- 4 mezzanine storage areas
- 1 covered area for construction activities
- 1 senior student research and study area
- 2 commercial kitchen spaces
- Trade Training Centre for use with hospitality students